How to Find a Job in 4 weeks – Week 1
We’re releasing a series this month on how to find a job in four weeks – this week we discuss what you need to get done in the first seven days.
Start Getting Organised:
· Create a list of prospects that you want to outreach regarding roles
· Review your goals and start noting responses – both rejections and successes
· Keep a track of names and numbers to ensure you don’t get confused on who is calling you back regarding applications
· Review your skill set and see what you are missing
TIP: To keep to your deadlines, assign time each day to focus on your job search
Company / Industry Search:
· If you have an idea of the company you’d like to work for, then research into their business or industry.
· If you aren’t sure, take a look at some of the bigger corporations and see if there are any benefits, perks or qualifications that catch your eye.
· Know the industry you want to work in and start looking at what you may have to offer which will be perfect to start a career.
Refresh your CV:
· Spell and grammar check
· Update your working experience
· Review qualifications / certifications
· Tailor it to the different roles you want to ensure relevancy.
TIP: Don’t forget to upload the latest version onto your LinkedIn profile
Write the Best Ever Cover Letter:
· Think bigger and better when it comes to selling yourself but…
· …make sure it’s tailored to them and why you deserve an opportunity.
· A cover letter can really make or break an application so ensure you include everything you want them to know.
· Discuss your skills briefly and let your CV do the rest of the talking – an unnecessarily long cover letter may put employers off.
Take our quiz to find out what job would suit you: Click Here
Download a CV template if you’re not sure where to start: Download Here
Check your CV against these helpful Tips: 7 Steps