Development & Project Engineer, Southampton
||£39000 - £45000 per annum
Our client is a market leader in the field of 'Specialty' optical fibers are celebrating over 30 years in business. Their innovative products are used in a diverse range of industrial sectors including aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research.
They are seeking to recruit a Development & Project Engineer so if working for a smaller but successful and ambitious organisation where you will make a difference would be of interest this could be the role for you!
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, this full-time hands on role is responsible for both project management for the development and characterisation of new fiber designs, as well as providing expertise to other Development projects.
Furthermore, having an understanding of customer fiber applications, experience of providing technical support to customers in a high-tech manufacturing environment and knowledge of the fiber fabrication process, particularly MCVD, would be advantageous.
Role and Responsibilities:-
- Performing the full range of optical fiber measurements
- Analysing results from development fiber characterisation, providing solutions to performance gaps.
- Implementing experiments to expand the company's technical capabilities as the opportunities arise.
- Characterising active fibers for laser applications
- Simulating performance of fiber designs
- Preparing technical reports (internal and external) and scientific articles for publication / presentation.
Must have a PhD or significant Industrial experience in Optics
Experience in developing Fiber lasers
Experience working with Optical measurements, characterisation, modelling and data analysis
Provide proven problem solving skills from initial assessment to solution
Manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
Be capable of understanding project and business requirements
In return we are offering a salary of:
£39-£45k depending on experience.
Working hours - Monday to Friday 9-5.30 (1 hour for lunch - 37.5 hr week)
Free Health care
Subsidised Gym Membership