Customer Service Advisor, Birmingham
||£7.85 per annum
Customer Service Advisor
Salary: £7.85 per hour
A client of Pertemps are recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to join their busy team.
The suitable candidate should be able to conduct the following:
- Offer a high quality and first class welcome to all those attending the reception area.
- Undertake front of house duties to ensure an excellent customer service experience.
- Meet and greet students, contractors and all site visitors at reception, and provide a polite and courteous customer service in person, on the telephone or via email
- Provide a top quality information and advice centre to home and global communities, parents, external visitors, general public, key communications point, general answering enquiries and handling issues from initial contact to resolution.
- Provide full administration support to the accommodation team, including allocation and check-ins, maintaining accurate data records, typing reports / documents, sending out correspondence in bulk.
- Fully utilise the use of any internal database system to manage operations and communication with students.
- Deal with complaints and customer feedback discreetly and empathetically in a public environment.
- Manage complaints confidently and efficiently; knowing when to escalate the issue to the Customer Service Manager.
- Record maintenance tasks and repairs, and issue these tasks to the appropriate member of the Residences team or Estate Services team.
- Undertake administrative tasks including; word processing, filing, and processing of reports
- Work collaboratively with local community and wider University teams to ensure information and publications are updated and replenished.
- Receive deliveries for the village and follow local procedure regarding delivery notes
The post holder will be required to:
- Abide by the clients financial policies and procedures relating to cash handling.
- Always wear the uniform provided and present themselves in a smart and professional manner
- Be flexible as they may be a requirement to work on other reception desks.
- Required to attend staff training, in particular all health and safety training.
- Ensure that all fire safety procedures are correctly followed and communicated in the event of a fire alarm activation both with security, managers and residents
- To undertake any other reasonable duties/requests (other than those stated in the job description) as requested.
- Abide by the Health and Safety policies, inclusive of Fire Safety, PEEPs, and DSE.
- Abide by all computer legislative policies and procedures.
- Abide by all data protection legislation
- Demonstrable experience of providing a reception service in a high quality hotel accommodation environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong listener and ability to build a rapport with customers.
- Excellent personal presentation skills, timekeeping and attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone technique.
- Good IT awareness.
- Customer-orientated approach, calmness at all times, unflappable under pressure, ability to prioritise callers; co-operative approach to colleagues on the desk
If you have good customer service skills and are available for work please click apply!