Project Manager - Fixed Term Contract, Bristol
||£40000 per annum
Fixed Term Contract -ASAP Start until end of February 2017 (with potential to extend).
Salary - circa £40,000 per annum pro rata. (depending on experience)
Full time hours Monday - Friday 09.00 - 17.00 (potential flexibility but these hours are ideal).
Holidays - 27 days
Pension - Available after 3 months
Exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work on a project to develop a qualification to the next stage. You will need to have previous experience of planning and managing a development project in an SME environment.
The role will involve working across departments with staff, consultants and business partners. Therefore excellent communication and relationship building skills, underpinned by strong project management, stakeholder management and third party management is vital.
Key duties will include:
- Work closely with Director of Education to ensure project is managed, on plan and the impact of deviations from plan are fully understood and communicated
- Project management that ensures the provision of all the deliverables listed meet the timescale and quality targets
- Stakeholder management that ensures that all internal and external stakeholders are fully aware of the status, progress, risks, assumptions, issues and decisions taken throughout the life of the project
- Configuration and change management that ensures the successful delivery of all the deliverables listed
You will need to have the following to be successful:
- Experience of Higher Education/Qualification design and delivery
- Experience of online learning (D)
- Strong experience as an accredited PRINCE project manager
- Experience of using recognised project management tools and techniques, experience of writing business cases, and project justification documentation (E)
- Experience of working within or closely with a technical team and communicating technical information to non technical members of staff
- Experience in managing a variety of internal and external teams to successfully concurrently and repeatedly deliver end products
- Strong functional knowledge of PRINCE and Managing Successful Programmes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Expert in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Word.
- Expert in project management and risk management
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Able to work without direct supervision and effectively prioritise work load in order to meet set deadlines
- Resourceful, able to quickly find and understand solutions to new problems
- Attention to detail/accuracy with a strong commitment to quality
- Friendly, helpful, approachable and professional
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
Please click on apply to submit your application.
Unfortunately we are only able to contact short listed candidates due to the huge number of CVs we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant in the next five days it means that unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion. Please reapply for any other suitable roles in the future.