Social Responsibility, Castleford
||£32000 - £34000 per annum
Social Responsibility Advisor
£32 000 - £34 000
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a leading utilities company in their Communications department as a Social Responsibility Advisor.
You will be responsible for supporting Social Responsibility Manager in the delivery of our social programme and personally lead on developing and delivering social and community initiatives that enhance the services we deliver to our vulnerable customers.
- Developing an enhanced offer for our PSR customers.
- Development and delivering a tailored training programme for our frontline staff so they are fully equipped to support our most vulnerable customers.
- Support the SRM in establishing strong governance controls for the social responsibility programme.
- External partners and expert groups, including all administration of these groups.
- Support Social Responsibility Manager in delivery of engagement, collaboration and influencing programme with local, regional and national stakeholders to inform initiatives and influence policy on the range of social issues salient to a DNO, e.g. energy affordability, consumer vulnerability etc. Continually review this programme for effectiveness and prioritization of resources.
- Draft a community investment strategy and its key initiatives that support the social agenda e.g. community energy projects, skills agenda, food banks etc. Align the award areas with the company charity budget and the community trust fund projects to further support this agenda.
- Lead on delivery of volunteering programme for the company with initiatives which support the five pillars of our community investment strategy, including coordination of volunteering activities.
- Work with PSR Manager to develop and implement Consumer Vulnerability Strategy defining the short, medium and long term objectives of this strategy.
- Monitor and manage the embedding of a suite of metrics and KPIs using the principles of Social Return on Investment to support evidenced outcomes of our social programmes.
- Support the routine refresh an effective mapping exercise of our customers and broader stakeholder to support effective targeting of social initiatives / resources.
- Working alongside the PSR manager and wider social responsibility team to undertake the BSI inclusive service provision of vulnerable customers and achieve BSI accreditation.
- Support the preparation and evidence gathering (and audit) to support part three of the SECV submission.
- Manage a programme of social responsibility initiatives, that have been driven by research carried out with our customers, ensuring that appropriately progressed and assessed throughout the year for maximum impact.
- Review and adopt best practice initiatives identified by Ofgem and their panel within the Stakeholder Incentive Scheme and from other industries and organisations.
- Participate on a sub group with our Infrastructure North partners to develop a vulnerable household strategy and communications and a suite of materials for use with communication providers on the social initiatives / programmes led by each of the four utility partners.
- Support and complement to the overall social obligations transformations programme. Liaise closely with team members to ensure that initiatives are appropriately rolled out and progressed.
- Ensure there is an appropriate communication programme in place to support the workstream of 'stakeholder engagement and social responsibility' both internally and externally. Work closely with the employee engagement workstream to ensure all initiatives and processes that support our vulnerable groups are fully embedded within the organisation.
- Support the delivery of the education programme and provide line management of Safety Presenters.
- Support the activities of the Communication Team during escalated activities.
- A minimum GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Maths.
- Educated to A level in English, communications or business related topics or proven experience in this field.
Essential skills or experience:
- High level competency with Microsoft IT packages.
- Proven experience in project planning & logistics.
- Good understanding of the electricity industry.
- Working in a pressured environment & dealing with senior & executive members.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management.
- Working within social issues agenda.
Desirable skills or experience:
- Good understanding of the business.
- Experience of working across multiple directorates & departments to provide breadth of understanding.
- Line management experience.
Please note that a credit check and DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Interviews for this role will be held on the 2nd November with a view to start as soon as possible after this.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please apply today!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hour's contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register on-line today!