Office Manager, Sheffield
||£26000 - £28000 per annum
Temporary: 3-4 months
£26k - £28k
An excellent opportunity for an experience Office Manager to join a leading engineering regulatory body in the Tinsley area of Sheffield.
As an integral part of the management team, this position requires the post-holder to demonstrate strong organisational and administration skills and manage the day to day running of the Office in Sheffield. The post-holder will have a responsible can-do attitude, common sense and a flexible approach to work, with the ability to work on their own initiative and organise others.
Main duties will include:
- Monitor resources, portfolios, office equipment and management of filing system.
- Ensure adequate staff levels to cover absences and peaks in workload, with the ability to bring in temporary staff in such times.
- Recording office expenditure and budget management thereof.
- Delegating work to employees and managing their workload and output.
- Responding to customer and employee enquiries and issues in a timely manner, via phone and emails in line with the Institutions Customer Care Charter.
- Complete College submission reports and monitor tracking of learners to ensure effective maintenance for colleges and prisons.
- Ensure that the City and Guilds registrations, certifications and exam bookings are kept up to date.
- Sentinel co-ordinating duties including booking training and assessments, recording working hours, booking D&A's and Medical screenings and inputting information on to the Sentinel database. This will include managing and implementing plant tickets and commercial training, including RISQS.
- Plan, schedule and inform on trainer meetings, minute take and circulate information where applicable, likewise for MR meetings.
- Producing and compiling reports for senior management, using a range of office software and databases.
- Create and maintain systems and processes for the efficient co-ordination of trainers/staff and resources to maximise training activity, including annual leave management.
- Manage staff to achieve business objectives and performance standards, developing their skills and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High level of effective and efficient office administration experience in a complex organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide a professional and courteous service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent administration skills; close attention to detail and ability to produce work accurately and to a consistently high standard.
- Good experience of managing a varied workload, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities within tight deadlines.
- Experience of arranging meetings and diary keeping using electronic diary management systems, email and the internet.
- Good experience in minute taking and servicing meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, able to deal with and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Able to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion, and deal sensitively and diplomatically with people at all levels.
- A flexible approach, able to initiate and plan a range of activities without close supervision, and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm and objective at all times, whilst working to tight deadlines.
- A committed team player; highly motivated and results driven.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity then please apply today!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hour's contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register on-line today!