Software Tester, Staffordshire
||£25000 - £30000 per annum
Our client, a leading optimisation software company, is seeking a Software Tester to join their existing team on a 1 year maternity cover contract. You will have the ability to work on multiple projects, be effective at communicating with colleagues and have involvement with customer support
- Awareness and understanding of all stages of Software Development
- Experience of testing (CoTS) products
- Experience of testing Client Server and Web Based Products
- Experience of formal Release and Configuration Management processes
- The ability to assist with the support and communication with internal and external users
- Experience of working with testing tools and automated testing
- Experience of working to external standards e.g. ISO, ISEB
- Experience of working with multiple platforms, Operating Systems and devices
- Experience of working within a formal Quality Framework
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Testing of Products - Be actively involved in testing projects, and contribute to project deliverables along with other members of the Testing Team. This will include various flavours of testing to verify software conformance to defined acceptance criteria and feature design documents. For example:-
- - Functional
- - Compatibility - OS, Databases, Devices etc
- - Test Automation
- - Performance
- - Installation and Configuration
- - Integration
- Production of Testing Documentation - Produce test plans, strategies, test scripts, testing evidence and other testing related documentation as required by projects.
- Design Validation - Review features of Product in Design Specifications
- Customer and Internal Support - Provide the necessary support for Customers on Products which have been released, which may include the requirement for on-site support. This support may include best practice advice from business usage reviews and training for BETA test programmes and customer implementations.
- Tools and Processes - Contribute to the design and maintenance of processes and procedures and supporting documents covering all aspects of testing
Interviewees will be expected to undertake a competency test as part of the process.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary up to £30,000 and benefits package including 25 days holidays+ bank holidays.
Do you have the experience we are looking for? If so can you can apply online
Consultant: Emma Beech
PERTEMPS TELFORD COMMERCIAL
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk