Logistics Co-ordinator, Leicester
||£22500 per annum, Benefits: free parking
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Salary: £22,500 plus benefits and free on-site parking
Sector: Building Products
Are your customer service skills second to none? Are you skilled at negotiation and problem solving?
Can you be decisive but also polite, helpful and empathetic? Do you have at least two years' experience in a customer service role? Do you have a positive, can do attitude? Working as part of this new transport team you will be tasked with providing an excellent customer experience to both internal and external clients, primarily ensuring that delivery schedules are met. This is achieved through prioritising and managing customers' deliveries using the latest technologies to effectively utilise the vehicle fleet.
Duties will include:
- Prevention and resolution of invoice queries.
- Efficiently handle customer and haulier enquiries and queries to resolution in a timely manner.
- Accurately process all admin within given deadlines.
- Develop knowledge of all roles within the team and provide cover when requested.
- Link with the area teams and relevant external departments to ensure high level of customer service is maintained, including working within other areas should the need arise.
- In conjunction with weighbridge / Batching staff, engage sufficient haulage to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Where applicable liaise with business lines production planner to ensure fleet is scheduled accordingly.
- Monitor distribution operation with regard to customer requirements and vehicle utilization during the day
- Liaise with weighbridge / plant supervisors, unit and other regional coordinators to optimize distribution solution (including back-loads between areas).
- Maintain good working relationships with drivers and service providers.
To be successful, you will be results oriented and self-motivated, possessing the following key skills and attributes: an ability to multi-task, "think on your feet" and make quick effective decisions under pressure; strong problem solving, planning and organisational skills; a high level of resilience and adaptability to changing situations; a high level of computer literacy; a flexible approach to working hours. In return you will be rewarded with: excellent remuneration and benefits; a comprehensive structured induction programme; ongoing training and development opportunities to help further your career; experience within a well-respected global market leader. With a strong team culture, people within this business will be recognized for their contributions to the business's success.
Interested? Click 'apply' now for an immediate interview