Assistant Financial Accountant, Eastleigh
||£28000 - £34000 per annum
Sheridan Maine is recruiting a permanent Assistant Financial Accountant for a large FTSE Retail business based on the outskirts of Southampton.
Our client has over 350 stores in the UK and is part of a group that employs over 78,000 people worldwide, with annual revenue of over £10 billion.
As an Assistant Financial Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller. Duties include:
- To review key accounting policies across the Finance team to ensure we are adhering to Group accounting policies, identify any gaps and work with the teams to put a plan in place to close where appropriate.
- Ensure any proposed changed to the Group accounting policy framework are analysed and assessed to ensure financial impacts are understood.
- Working with the finance team to ensure any changes or amendments to Group accounting policies are managed and implemented simply and effectively.
- Ensuring that internal controls are complied with across both the finance teams and the wider business and reported on in accordance with Kingfisher timescales.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for a number of subsidiary entities.
- Provide support and assistance for half year and year end reporting.
- Assisting in the development of existing system accounting processes and supporting projects to simplify and improve these processes.
- Undertake adhoc project work, as and when requested.
The successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- PQ/Finalist ACCA/ACA or equivalent.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and on own initiative.
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel.
- COGNOS, SAP & HFM experience beneficial.
- Strong academic background.
For more information, please contact Ben Khosravi on 02392 008655.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.