Assistant Management Accountant, Eastleigh
||£28000 - £34000 per annum
Sheridan Maine are recruiting a permanent Assistant Management Accountant for a large FTSE Retail business based on the outskirts of Southampton.
Our client has over 350 stores in the UK and is part of a group that employs over 78,000 people worldwide, with annual revenue of over £10 billion.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller.
- Complete the monthly management accounts process, including reporting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage a team of 2-3 Accounts Assistants dealing with a number of functional areas.
- Account for prepayments and accruals, including compliance with relevant accounting rules and requirements.
- Produce weekly and monthly cost reviews at the required level for the business function.
- Ensure that the balance sheet reconciliations are completed at each month end and are both accurate and completed in accordance with the Corporate timescales.
- Reconcile and maintain the operational forecast and budgets that have been provided to Business Partners.
- Support the Business Partners in production of the forecast and budget process in relation to the relevant business function.
- Resolve accounting queries with relevant stakeholders.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when requested across the wider Operational Finance team.
The successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Newly Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA).
- Proven experience working with SAP is essential.
- Confident working with large data sets.
- Strong Excel capabilities.
- Good communicator.
- Experience operating in a control based environment.
For more information, please contact Ben Khosravi on 02392 008655.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.