Finance Director, Southampton
A leading legal firm in Southampton is recruiting a Finance Director to support their ambitious growth plans by playing a pivotal in ensuring the ongoing success of the firm both organically and through potential acquisitions.
Working at senior management level and reporting to the Managing Partner overseeing all financial aspects of the firm the key accountabilities of the Finance Director include:
- Short and long-term business planning at firm-wide, division and team levels.
- Giving input to the client development team in relation to pitches and tenders.
- Providing weekly and monthly analysis on work levels, chargeable hours, new work won, and the pipeline of new work.
- Providing detailed analyses for partners and practice groups on a weekly/monthly basis, as well as a monthly synopsis of the financial performance of the firm as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax compliance including VAT PAYE, pensions, and intermediaries reporting, and the annual partnership tax computation.
- Acting as the main point of contact in relation to treasury and tax, financial systems and financial infrastructure.
- Leading annual budgeting and forecasting.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and have significant experience of operating at senior level ideally within a legal or professional services firm.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.