Financial Accountant, Southampton
||£50000 - £55000 per annum
A large PLC based near Southampton is recruiting a qualified Financial Accountant on a 12 month contract basis. The Financial Accountant will ensure compliance with accounting standards and that statutory and group reporting obligations are met.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant include:
- Preparing and reviewing statutory accounts for a number of subsidiary entities at year end.
- Providing support and assistance for half year and year end reporting to the reporting team.
- Reviewing key accounting policies across the Finance team to ensuring adherence to Group accounting policies.
- Setting the balance sheet framework across the Finance team incorporating a review of reconciliations for consistency, quality and best practice.
- Tracking and reporting the status of outstanding audit and control actions.
- Ensuring that internal controls are complied with across both the finance teams and the wider business.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a number of years PQE gained in a similar financial accounting role and possess a good understanding of financial accounting standards IFRS, FRS101 and UK GAAP.
The company offer an excellent working environment and benefits package, including bonus, pension and healthcare.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.