Finance Manager, Bournemouth
Sheridan Maine are working in collaboration with a leading organisation based in Dorset where an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join the business and support a new project as it prepares to move into the mobilisation, design and implementation phases.
Reporting to the Head of Decision Support and supporting the Programme Director and project teams this new role will have responsibility for financial management of this programme.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and will be a full time position - based on a 5 day week (35 hours Monday - Friday).
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- To track and maintain budgetary control of the programme.
- To provide accurate and timely financial reporting on the programme including MI and month end cost reporting against the budget with variance analysis. Provide reports required for monthly cost review meetings on time and to quality.
- To ensure costs are accurately reported against the correct work stream meeting all month-end deadlines.
- To assist the stakeholders including programme workstreams with all finance related queries.
- To assist with the preparation of budget and forecast updates.
- To ensure that contractor costs are complete and accurate.
- To assist and provide information for capitalisation of project costs.
- Provide timely information when required for internal/external stakeholders.
- Support the Finance team on other projects as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Experience of previous project accounting preferred.
- Significant post-qualification commercial and managerial experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of influencing at Executive level.
- Excellent organisational skills to deliver accurate work under pressure against agreed deadlines, while remaining approachable.
- Responsibility and professionalism to work the hours needed to achieve the requirements of the role.
- Good PC skills and knowledge of computerised accounting systems.
- Good presentation skills.
This is an exciting and varied role that can grow with your skills and what you make of it, with a competitive salary and benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done while encouraging growth and development in an empowering culture.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.