Assistant Accountant, Basingstoke
||£30000 - £37000 per annum
Sheridan Maine is currently working with a client, with a heritage reaching back two centuries, works alongside both the public and private sector to enable trade, economic growth and innovation. It is currently looking to hire an Assistant Accountant to work within the finance department. The successful applicant, who will travel to different sites as part of his/ her remit, will assist with:
- End of month accounts and statutory reporting.
- Forecasting and budgeting with regard to foreign currency, which requires liaison with other departments and managers.
- Overhead analysis.
Additionally, the Assistant Accountants responsibilities encompass (but are not limited to):
- Manage fixed asset transaction processes.
- Reconcile Balance Sheets and prepare accruals and prepayments where necessary.
- Produce financial accounts, with analysis, and use these as a basis for commercial advice.
- Assist the business partners with reporting requirements.
- Undertake further finance and analysis as require by the General Accounting Manager.
The successful applicant will be:
- AAT qualified or Part Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Have experience of corporate finance within a multinational organisation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Personable and a natural relationship builder.
- Articulate and communicative.
- Able to organise and prioritise.
Our client offers a dynamic work environment where you will truly be exposed to the workings of an industry leader. It offers good health insurance, an excellent pension plan and several other benefits as part of a comprehensive package including study support, free parking is available.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.