Legal Cashier, Portsmouth
||£19000 - £20000 per annum
Sheridan Maine are recruiting for an exclusive Legal Cashier opportunity for a client based in Portsmouth. We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Legal Cashier to join a thriving team for 9 months.
As a Legal Cashier, you will be part of the team responsible for the accounts of the firm, in particular dealing with office account payments and receipts, petty cash and purchase ledger Invoices.
Main duties to include:
- Assist the Billing Team in raising bills.
- Process payments out and payment runs.
- To raise cheques and ensure that the appropriate procedure for acquiring signatures for cheques is followed.
- To ensure that cheques are distributed to Advisors within strict deadlines.
- To ensure that banking of cheques received is carried out on a timely basis.
- To review funds received as Bank giro credits and ensure that the accounting system is updated on a timely and accurate basis to reflect these receipts.
- To record all other receipts and all payments on the accounting system on a timely basis.
- To check data on the accounting system is kept up to date and accurate.
- All filing and admin is processed in a timely fashion.
- To assist the rest of the team when required.
This role offers parking and ideally, my client is looking for someone who is available at short notice.
If this sounds like the role for you then please send your details in as soon as possible.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.