Accounts Payable Clerk, Portsmouth
||£19000 - £21000 per annum
Sheridan Maine is recruiting an Accounts Payable Clerk for a large client based in Portsmouth. This role is situated in a large shared service centre, reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and is covering a period of maternity.
My client is a FTSE listed business with impressive growth plans to date. Due to a period of maternity, we are recruiting this role for a period of 9 months but due to business demand, this position may extend in length.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. Duties include:
- Inputting invoices onto the accounting system.
- Sending out invoices for approval.
- Checking invoices are authorised in line with authorities list.
- Matching invoices with purchase orders.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Investigating and helping resolve invoice queries, including dealing with internal and external customers to gain necessary information.
- Select invoices for payment run ensuring all properly approved.
- Raise one off BACS and cheque payments as requested.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Proven experience working in accounts payable capacity.
- Confident working with high volumes of data.
- Accurate inputting skills.
- An understanding of the accounts payable process within the wider business.
- Immediately available.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.