Accounts Payable Assistant, Dorchester
||£20000 - £24000 per annum
Sheridan Maine are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant providing daily support to the Accounts Payable Supervisor in order to assist the rest of the business and build a good working relationship with suppliers. The individual will also be required to provide cover for the Accounts Payable Supervisor whilst they assist with the implementation of a new ERP system and during periods of absence.
The accounts payable function typically processes up to 700 invoices a month and this is increasing in line with company growth. They deal with suppliers in many countries and have some significant dealings in Euro's and USD's. There is a wide supplier base which covers services/utilities, material purchases and sub-contractors.
- Ensuring that data is input onto the purchase and general ledgers accurately and on a timely basis, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Obtaining authorisation for payment of invoices in line with the company's complex delegation of authority matrix.
- Raising of supplier payments using the financial payment systems available including BACs and on-line banking payments.
- Handle and resolve any payment disputes or supplier queries.
- Liaising with Stores to ensure goods are properly booked in to allow processing of invoices and liaising with procurement on a daily basis in respect of supplier queries and pro-forma invoices.
- Ensure that all bank receipts and payments are allocated correctly.
- Maintain the accounting filing system.
- Other ad hoc administration and support for the finance function including collating information for auditors, supplying copy invoices in response to queries, assistance with posting basic journals in to the accounting system and other duties as necessary as they arise.
Qualifications and experience:
- Previous accounts payable experience.
- Commitment to get the job done and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- All round office I.T skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- A basic knowledge of double entry book-keeping is advantageous working within any finance department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
SM - Agy
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.