Category Buyer - Corporate Services, Coventry
||£35000 - £45000 per annum
Category Buyer - Corporate Services
£35,000 - £45,000
Are you an experienced Indirects Category Buyer? Are you looking for a new position with the opportunity to influence the Procurement strategy of a major FTSE 50 organisation? Do you have experience of a wide range of Corporate and Professional Services spend?
You will be responsible for daily strategic procurement operations within the Indirects team, responsible for a range of spend that may include Training, Travel, Contingent Labour, Legal, Management Consultancy and Audit spend.
You will be accountable for the delivery of multiple strategic sourcing events within your portfolio, working with stakeholders to understand and challenge demand, setting sourcing strategy and delivering events from market engagement through to award.
- Development and delivery of Category Strategy
- Delivering value by effectively managing tender events
- Leads engagement of key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Scope and develop regional / global contractual agreements
- Runs complex or high value sourcing events with minimal support
Required capabilities will include:
- Experience of strategic sourcing and category management
- An understanding of project management principles
- Where relevant experience of contract managing a portfolio of suppliers
- Experience using analytical tools and techniques
- Experience of presenting data to support informed business decisions
- Good working understanding of EU or utility procurement directives
- Good understanding of contract drafting principles
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Demonstrates innovation, drive and enthusiasm
- Use initiative and influence to deliver new commercial solutions to the organisation
- Motivate themselves and others, with a positive and professional attitude
- A results-oriented individual who thrives on challenging timelines
Essential: Educated to degree standard, or equivalent.
Desirable: MCIPS or working towards would be preferable