Commodity Manager, Brentford
||£35000 - £45000 per annum
Purchasing Commodity Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 plus 10% bonus and benefits
An excellent opportunity for a Commodity Manager to join a market leading global service organisation who offer a wide range of solutions to meet their customers requirements.
The Commodity Manager position is a very key role in the development of the procurement function. You will be responsible for the collection of data relating to the supply base, along with conducting a spend analysis, looking at the segmentation of spend and developing a centralised framework for suppliers.
You will need to be able to work autonomously with experience in data manipulation, along with the ability to develop RFX's and prepare tender documents.
- Develop clearly defined spend categorisations and segmentation
- Develop market intelligence and maintain database
- Negotiate prices, terms and quality requirements
- Manage Supply Chain risk from both a supplier and individual part / service perspective
- Package and conduct tenders and benchmarking exercises in line with departmental policy and procedures
- Maintain commercial terms and conditions, service levels and supply agreements
- Build standard templates for maintaining and controlling commercial terms and conditions
- Develop category and supplier catalogues
- Purchasing spend covering Direct and Indirect categories
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with previous experience in a similar Commodity Manager role ideally within service industry, along with;
Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of purchasing principles and processes
- Ability to develop category strategies
- Ability to gain a clear understanding of business needs and market analysis
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to organise and coordinate data with attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data manipulation experience
- CIPS/ MCIPS or Equivalent qualifications would be an advantage
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask, project manage and achieve deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with proven experience of tendering and cost management.