Category Manager, Stevenage
||Up to £50,000 plus bonus and benefits
Category Manager -†Direct Materials
Up to £50,000 plus bonus and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager with manufacturing/ engineering industry experience to join a world leading, global engineering business in a newly created Category Manager position where you will be responsible for managing the supply base for Castings and Fabrications. The role has arisen following a restructure of the procurement function and is a very visible and important position within the Direct Procurement team.
As a Category Manager you will lead a multifunctional team on complex, high value negotiations with key suppliers. You will be responsible for ensuring strategy optimisation and conducting global supplier reviews to ensure there is continual improvement and mitigating against risk to the supply base.
You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- Manage a multifunctional team to develop and implement UK sourcing and management strategies for Castings and Fabrication categories
- Ensuring the strategies optimisation in the number of suppliers
- Ensuring on time, quality and cost for the category
- Leading complex and/or high value negotiations
- As part of the Sourcing Strategy apply competitive methodologies to drive down prices to achieve and preferably exceed pre-agreed targets
- To prepare, negotiate and agree Frame Agreements and ensure that these are being used by the buyers
- Manage performance trends, ensuring improvement activities are implemented where required
- Support ISP team in relation to purchasing queries in respect to the categories
Skills and Experience:
- Procurement professional preferably educated to degree level
- Engineering experience/qualifications would be an advantage
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project and risk management experience
- IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations
- In depth category knowledge
- Understanding of cost make up
- Contract knowledge