Business Development Manager, Barnstaple
||£48000 - £50000 per annum
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £48,000- £50,000
Sector: Defence / Engineering
All applications to: Bristol.email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager within a growing Systems Engineering and Software company based in Barnstaple. The role will be to build strong relationships with UK, European Naval ship and submarine builders
The successful candidate will:
- Develop close relationships with stakeholders in the broader UK naval market, positioning the company for research, customer advice and system development opportunities.
- Develop relationships with UK MOD and BAES to ensure products are included in future platform solutions
- Develop long term relationships with international ship/submarine builders and Combat System Integrators to ensure that products are included in future platform solutions
- Through strong and effective account management behaviours, identify and develop opportunities for equipment upgrades, updates and enhancements
- To lead and coordinate opportunity capture and bidding activities, drawing upon company process and internal technical and commercial resources.
- To integrate with the Business Development team and liaise with internal engineering teams across sites to achieve business plan objectives.
- To provide regular communication and briefing on developing opportunities.
- Attend trade shows and industry events in the UK and overseas.
An ideal Business Development Manager will hold the following skills and experiences:
- An experienced business development executive with a successful track record in developing new business with prime contractors and system integrators.
- Good knowledge of ship or submarine combat systems would be advantageous.
- A goal orientated, self-starter, able to initiate and develop customer contacts, co-ordinate and lead customer campaigns, generating business opportunities and converting them to orders.
- Must be tenacious, confident and have good communications skills, both written and oral.
The details contained in Job Descriptions do not fully represent all the duties and responsibilities of the position. They indicate in outline only the basic duties and areas of responsibility.