Maintenance Engineer, Chepstow
||£11 - £13 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for†a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer to provide effective engineering support in planned maintenance, breakdown repairs and remedial works to site equipment and buildings. The candidate will need to be competent in both electrical and mechanical fields.
As Maintenance Engineer your duties will involve:
- Maintain all mechanical services, plant and equipment to a high standard achieving continuity of production within a high volume laundry.
- Undertake all planned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site as communicated to the Manager
- Ensure Quality systems and health and safety documentation are updated.
- Working as part of a small team of engineers and on own initiative.
An ideal Maintenance Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- C&G Qualification in Engineering preferred
- Multi skilled in both mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering discipline including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving / analytical ability
The role is based on rotating shift 0600-1430 & 1430-2300 Monday - Friday, in return you will receive an hourly rate of £11ph - £13ph dependent of experience.
Opportunity to work overtime with time and half paid Monday - Friday and Saturday, Double time Sunday and Bank Holidays.