Electronics Engineer, Barnstaple
||£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Engineer to join a leading engineering and software design company based in Barnstaple.
As an Electronics Engineer your duties will involve:
- To take responsibility for the Electrical/Electronic elements of a variety of electromechanical systems.
- Design equipment cabinets and/or circuit cards using both analogue and digital electronics.
- Progressing prototype designs through to production manufacture.
- Liaising with suppliers in the selection of suitable components or sub-assemblies and managing sub-contractors in the layout and build of print circuit boards.
- To support, and work closely with the Technical Manager in ensuring that the overall technical and performance requirements and being met, through requirements tracking, generation of schematics/drawings and documentation. Completion of manufacturing support documentation.
- Assistance with new and ongoing production manufacturing and test support.
- To liaise with SEA Management on estimates to complete and overall progress as required.
An ideal Electronics Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- A proven ability to understand an analyse problems and to create and communicate solutions of a number of levels.
- The full development life-cycle from requirement capture through to customer support.
- Experience of design for manufacture, use of tools such as Solidworks Electrical.
- Experience of instruments, communications/Ethernet, digital, analogue and power electronics.
- Experience of development system tests to undertake system verification and validation against design requirements.
- You should be familiar with system engineering tools such as DOORS.
- Provide accurate estimates for engineering work and be able to plan your work, and that of others.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in an appropriate area and be security cleared/capable of obtaining clearance.
- UK Driving Licence and be willing to work offsite.