In-Service Engineer, Barnstaple
||£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Company Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a In-Service Support Engineer to join a leading engineering and software design company based in Barnstaple.
As In-Service Support Engineer your duties will involve:
- Maintenance and repair of equipment supported under various Naval Support Business Group contracts.
- Documentation maintenance (BR's, Maintenance Handbooks etc.).
- Test and Trial Support for equipment supported under the various Naval Support Business Group contracts.
- Provision of domain advise on equipment supported under the various Maritime Defence Divisions contracts to MoD Project Team.
- Safety support.
- Assist in the repair, modification, installation and commissioning / decommissioning of equipment.
- Work offsite as required and respond to short notice callouts, overseas travel required on occasions.
- Liaison with dockyard and Navy staff (both in the UK and overseas).
- Inputs for estimating and forecasting of bids/tasking activities.
- Liaison with Customers / Suppliers.
An ideal In-Service Support Engineer will hold the following skills and experience:
- Engineering background with minimum qualifications of HND/Degree or equivalent.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Experience with AC and DC electric/electronic systems.
- Experience of LOLER regulations.
- MoD Security clearance.
- Knowledge of Naval weapon systems.
- Knowledge of MoD working practices.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Be prepared to accept responsibility and work autonomously.
- Flexibility to respond to changing business needs.
- UK passport holder, with full driving licence.
- Ability to work away from home for prolonged periods including overseas.