Customer Service Officer - Advisor, Worthing
||£9.32 per hour
Customer Service Agent
6 months contract
£9.32 PAYE ( £18174 per annum approximately) / £12.00 Ltd
Do you have excellent customer service? Able to deal with difficult customers?
Section :Commercial Collections & Litigation
You will be involve in the handling and fulfilment of the company’s telephone contact for billing, metering and technical in line with company and regulatory standards.
This entails not only the interaction with the customer but also the financial transactions following on from billing calls and the passing of quality jobs to the dispatcher from the technical calls.
• Successful resolution of the company’s 1.7 million customer calls in accordance with regulatory and company standards, ensuring the highest possible customer service is delivered in all cases.
• Achievement of personal targets in terms of call volume and quality.
• Fulfilling all administrative requirements relating to customer queries; accurate update of customer records following completion of telephone calls and dispatch of amended accounts/literature, raising of cheques and adjustments within the prescribed financial limits, making of appointments for operational and meter reading visits to customers’ premises.
• Provision of debt advice to customers in financial difficulties and the offering of suitable arrangements to pay, and offering of water efficiency advice with particular emphasis on the promotion of metering.
• Keeping track of customer priorities in holding – following up on commitments made to customers.
• Working with other departments – releasing queries to the correct dept, provide first time response by utilising appropriate routing, to achieve best service levels.
Environment is high volume, high impact, and fast paced.
Skills and Experience
- IT literate (office suite)
- Business Skills - Excellent customer service focus.
- Good problem solving skills with logical approach.
- Ability to deliver and work to performance targets.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Patience and resilience when dealing with customers, maintaining a calm and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to handle difficult situations, using empathy for customers whilst adhering to company policy.
- Good persuasion and influencing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team, in order to achieve targets.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to adapt approach to different situations.
- Ability to present information to customers concisely and clearly.
- Experience of working in a Customer Services environment.
- 5 GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths & English
- Ability to work flexibly to shift patterns.
Monday to Friday between 08:00 - 20:00 Saturdays via rota 08:00 - 13:00