Credit Collections Advisor, Oxford
||£12 - £12.47 per hour
Looking to get into finance related role? Are you able to deliver excellent customer service?
As a Credit and Collections Advisor you will be responsible for a personal or team customer ledger, taking ownership for the collection of all overdue debt whilst pro-actively, and effectively, managing and resolving relevant complex queries associated with the debt. The purpose of the role is to maximise cash flow and minimise bad debt whilst offering and maintaining excellent customer service.
You will be accountable for your own personal or team customer ledger on a daily basis and take ownership of the collection for all overdue debt via direct contact (mainly telephone with email correspondence) with your customers, in line with set targets and demonstrating excellent negotiation and communication skills. In addition the role has the following responsibilities:
1) Forecasting your expected collections and identify and document any shortfall, ensuring escalation where needed.
2) Have a good understanding of query types and effective resolution in order to work with your customers to reduce aged debt - this will involve managing all debt related queries as outlined below in line with operational level agreed targets:
3) Copy bill/ statement (when request received directly by C and C from customer)
4) Refund or payment plan (when request received directly by C and C from customer)
5) Credit vet, Legal action and suspected fraud refer to relevant department
6) Late payment disputes and deposits
7) Identify and manage vulnerability
Need to liaise internally and externally with colleagues throughout the business, particularly with Customer Services who will accept full accountability for all other customer queries
Manage related debt reports in line with your customers and targets
Provide operational excellence and follow department compliance policy when handling customer complaints. Be part of our month end activities and incentive days
We are looking for someone who has a positive outlook who is able to join a fast paced and dynamic Credit and Collections team. Experience in Credit, Finance and Service is a must. A flexible approach and confidence to be able to challenge decisions is absolutely key. In addition to this background we are looking for the following attributes:
1) Passion for delivering excellent customer service
2) Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
3) The ability to manage workload under pressure
4) Excellent team work skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
5) Ability to build relationships
6) Strong telephony skills and good communicator
7) Good Maths and English skills with attention to detail