Packaging Technician - Maintenance, Corby
||£30000 - £35000 per annum
We currently have a vacancy for a Lead Maintenance Engineer / Facilities Packaging Technician who will provide a comprehensive maintenance, breakdown and repair service, on a shift basis; Monday to Friday 6:30 to 14:00 and/or 14:00 to 21:30.
The Facilities operation is responsible for the reliable and safe operation of all equipment processes for the Corby site. Your goal will be to deliver zero downtime, zero accidents and 100% customer order fulfilment to the schedules set out by the logistics and operations function.
Within this role, you will be accountable for Cradle-to-Grave support and management of Packaging and Conveyor technical issues. You will uphold the principles of Continuous Improvement (CI) identifying opportunities for process and equipment improvement.
You will work with members of the Facilities team to procure and implement new process improvement equipment from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) where required. You will also safely oversee and liaise with contractors, suppliers and internal resource; including the allocation of work, preparation of required specifications and ensuring the contractor delivers to them.
In doing this you will have a number of areas of responsibility as the Facilities Engineer, including;
- Cradle-to-Grave support and management of Packaging and Conveyor technical issues.
- Identification of opportunities, development of proposals, and implementation of solutions that deliver tangible improvements to operations.
- Management of contractors, suppliers and internal resource including allocation of work.
- Ensuring all work adheres to Health and Safety guidelines, policies, legislation and requirements.
Qualifications and Experience;
- A basic health and safety qualification in electrical safety: able to safely isolate electrical machinery
- Strong mechanical background: A recognised trade apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience in a mechanised logistics or manufacturing environment
- Basic computer literacy: Experience of using Microsoft Office packages, and/or central databases for Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems.
- Training and Experience in the operation, fault-finding and repair of: basic electronics, industrial electrical applications, pneumatics and hydraulics, motor/gear boxes, drives, conveyors, tools and equipment.
- Able to self-manage effectively: planning and prioritising to complete work in a time-pressured environment
- Exemplifies high levels of commitment to health, safety and environmental standards.
- Confidence liaising with, and overseeing 3rd party contractors, ensuring their safety and compliance to procedure
- Qualifications and experience equivalent to Level 3: e.g. BTEC National, award certificate and diploma at Level 3, NVQ Level 3, AS / A-Level standard
- Relevant experience of installation, repair or maintenance of packaging machines: e.g. Small component bag sealing and labelling machines
- Some experience of working on electrical, conveyor, crane or control systems in a time-critical logistics or manufacturing environment
- Experience with forklifts, order picker trucks and packing machinery.
- Has recognised Health and Safety training / qualification e.g. IOSHH or similar.
- Knowledge of materials handling industry best practice for storage and processing concepts
- Continuous Improvement Lean Six Sigma qualifications, training or project experience
You will be given full support to achieve your role and in return, we offer an outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, flexible working and career development (structured training plan). We provide a healthy work/life balance, along with a fulfilling and rewarding long term career.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please contact Clare Choytooa at Pertemps Managed Solutions for further details - you can send your CV by clicking on the apply button or contacting me directly on LinkedIn.