Business Planning Manager, Paddington
||£50000 - £70000 per annum
Do you experience in business planning and performance management and come from a commercial background?
Experience in dealing with investor relations?
At this exciting time my client is looking for a Business Planning and Performance Manager who will report into the Head of Regulation and Business Planning to manage and own the business planning and Annual Report process.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop and maintain the company business plan:
- Define and develop company's business plan (annual and long-term)
- Responsible for the overall co-ordination of business plan and the related processes. This includes timetable / schedule of deliverables, target setting, strategic review, value drivers and KPI refresh process.
- Engage and support senior management and functional leads to create the business plan. Stakeholders include the Executive Committee, Finance, Project Controls and Operations.
Foster integrated performance management:
- Develop and communicate an integrated performance management' approach within organisation. Promoting alignment of objectives and KPIs across reporting.
- Provide guidance and support, with suitable challenge to reporting and business performance reviews.
A trusted advisor to the Executive team to support strategic decision making:
- Support the Executive team with timely, accurate information and analysis, which helps drive effective decision making.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Conducting ad hoc analysis on key performance drivers, supported by presentations and summaries for senior management.
Support and lead the production of the Annual Report:
- Support the development and creation of company's Annual Report. Detailing key requirements for each section, providing support on structure, best practice and timelines.
- Designated leader for the Strategic Report section.
The ideal candidate will have recent business planning and commercial experience, ideally in a regulated asset-intensive industry such as the water industry and/or major projects experience.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with demonstrable experience of working with senior management.
Skills and competencies
- Experience of Business Planning and Performance Management in a corporate environment
- Experience of Strategic Planning
- Experience of producing Annual Reports
- Investor Relations
- Commercial background
- Desirable experience of working on a Infrastructure Project
- Experience in business planning preferably in a major project environment and/or the utility sector
- Ability to mobilise and co-ordinate a business process from start to finish.
- Organised, the ability to consolidate and co-ordinate inputs cross functionally within tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and networking skills; develops and maintains good working relationships with stake holders and senior managers.
- Strong engagement style, comfortable at influencing and presenting to cross-functional technical experts; proficient in building PowerPoint presentations, suitable for the Executive Management Team and Board.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a commercial and business understanding, combined with the ability to see the big picture.