Occupational Health and Safety Manager, London
||£85000 - £90000 per annum
We are looking for an Occupational Health and Safety Manager to join a large London based engineering project to clean up the River Thames through the installation of a large underwater tunnel.
Reporting into the Health and Safety Director; you will be working to improve the health and safety performance of the tunnel project and its contractors, and will also support the regional delivery teams in relation to Occupational Health, Occupational hygiene, wellbeing and ill health prevention and achieving the RightWay principles.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the Occupational Health Strategy which supports and compliments the existing alliance Occupational Health Strategy.
- Acting as the Service Level Manager for the Occupational Health Service Provider for tunnel activities.
- Contractor management
- Undertaking Health Risk Assessments for all office locations
- Developing initiatives and campaigns that educate and engage with staff, allowing the introduction of an Occupational Health Standard that is adopted by industry as the best practice and minimum standard
- Developing and delivering a health risk maturity matrix, in collaboration with the MWCs
- Co-ordinating and administering the health forum, contractors and designers health forums and other health related meetings and forums.
- Attending the GB Health Week and other external health forums to promote and gain occupational health knowledge and guidance.
- Developing and deliver the specific Occupational health awareness and health risk management training.
Health and Safety, Quality and/or Environmental experience
Experience in industrial or construction occupational health management
NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
Occupational health hygienist or clinical nurse.
Knowledge of the Four W Principles of Worker, Workplace, Well-being and Wider community
Intermediate in MS Office Suite
Software, application, significant IT solution knowledge
Experience of audits, inspections and management systems
Team/Contractor management experience.
Ability to integrate budgeting with management techniques
Ability to exercise sound judgement in complex situations;
Ability to sensitively liaise with stakeholders and project team members
Knowledgeable in Occupational Health and the ability to research details in all areas, which gain the best from a Multi-Supplier programme
Skills and competencies:
Works with little direction
Good attention to detail, with the ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy;
Flexibility and Adaptability
Accountability and Responsibility
Must have a positive outlook and be able to work in a pragmatic way
Competent in absorbing and retaining, accurately recording and communicating complicated information