Housing Benefits Assistant Officer, Hammersmith & Fulham
||Hammersmith & Fulham
||£18.54 per hour
My client is one of the West London Borough Councils, they are looking for an experienced Housing benefits Assistant Officer to join the team.
- You will be knowledgeable and have an in-depth understanding of the implications of the Welfare Reform Act 2012 and the Localism Act 2012
- Working knowledge of Housing Benefit, Universal Credit and other welfare benefits.
- Working knowledge of housing law relating, in particular, to homelessness, security of tenure and the rights and duties of private rented sector tenants and landlords.
- Ability to achieve challenging outputs and outcomes relating to Welfare Reform mitigation including employability support, debt/money/welfare benefit advice, tenancy sustainment and resettlement work.
- Evidence of effective engagement with stakeholders and partners to achieve joined up solutions.
- Experience of working in a controlled environment and delivering high standards of performance.-
- Experience of providing high quality statistical information.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, in writing or orally, with members, solicitors, stakeholders and the public.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of preparing and presenting clear, concise and logical written reports and organising/servicing multi-agency meetings.
- Excellent IT (Excel) skills and experience of analysing and profiling financial and/or non-financial base data.