Area Sales Advisor, Guildford
||£20000 - £22000 per annum
Are you a strong Customer Service Professional? If so, read on........
A great opportunity to work in a dynamic and customer focused team, within the Special Products Business Area. As an Area Sales Advisor you will responsible for placing orders and dealing with customer queries, always providing excellent customer service.
Answer telephone calls coming in a timely efficient manner assisting the customer with their requests through to order confirmation or query closure.
- Understand data protection requirements regarding disclosure of customer information
- Correctly identify the correct account, product codes and pricing
- Confirm every order by telephone ensuring the customer is informed of delivery arrangements, pricing and where appropriate any technical details
- Handle order progressing queries from customers sensitively and efficiently. Identify the order status through communication with production and delivery branches, initiate remedial action where appropriate and communicate progress back to the customer. Escalate where necessary.
- Advise customers on new account opening procedures, sending new account packs where requested and open new ship to accounts where required.
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Centre, Area Supply Centres and SP Production branches regarding deliveries of SP products and branch stocks.
- Proactively notify specified customers of overdue orders and anticipated delivery dates.
- Process refrigerant recovery orders including matching our records to customer records
Respond to customers' enquiries as efficiently and effectively as possible by
- Providing information directly to the customer from the Special Products catalogue, price list, intranet/internet, sales briefs and training material
- Taking full details and passing details to Area Sales Co-ordinator, Technical Services, Marketing, Account Manager, CSC, other BOC department as necessary, informing the customer of action taken and maintaining ownership of query
- Recording customers' enquiries
Handle and report service, delivery and product complaints
- Log accurately all details of query or complaint and resolve or forward to the relevant person as appropriate
- Arrange collection and re-delivery of cylinders
- If appropriate Provide free of charge replacement and discretionary credits or discounts in agreement with the Team Leader or Commercial Manager
- Liase with customer, always keeping them informed
Respond to pricing enquiries by giving customers special prices as identified by account numbers or List Price
- Obtain all relevant information from the customer including the correct account number, products to be taken and volumes to be used
- Confirm with the Sales Co-ordinator that the price to quote is acceptable where appropriate
- Where a price is given, record the customer's price enquiry on client's management system, and assign to the Sales Co-ordinator
- Pass requests for written quotations or requests for significant volumes to the Sales Co- ordinator ensuring a Customer Enquiry form is accurately and fully completed.
Additional responsibilities from time to time:
- Undertake proactive customer service and marketing campaigns and initiatives for Special Products
- Provide flexible cover for other Area Sales Advisors when required.
As you progress with the ASA role you will be given the opportunity to own specific customer accounts giving you more responsibility and allowing you to progress in customer service. This responsibility will involve learning specific business processes to niche product supply, prepares and maintaining customer reports and getting involved with account management and customer meetings.
Required key skills:
- Excellent telephone manner and strong customer focus
- Ability to understand a technical product range
- Commercial acumen
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to select and use the most effective communication method for the circumstance
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities
- Ability to clearly identify customers requirements, using questioning skills where necessary
- Ability to prioritise work
- Clear sales focus
GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths & one science)
A Level or equivalent
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hrs, shifts from 8am to 6pm