Production Group Leader, Redditch
||£26000 - £27000 per annum
There is an immediate requirement for a Manufacturing Group Leader to join a successful Worcestershire based automotive manufacturing company. The function of the role is to manage all personnel and process aspects of a fast paced production department of circa 15 operatives on a rotating early / late shift pattern.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Health and Safety, man-management and training of section personnel
- Coordinating production flow to achieve production schedules
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Efficiency / productivity monitoring and improvement using Lean methodologies
- Effective shift changeovers.
An ideal candidate will have sound experience gained within a production / manufacturing / engineering environment. With the ability to demonstrate supervisory / leadership skills, applicants will be strongly motivated to take full ownership of a designated production area and plan and effectively manage workload and resources with a focus on both quality and productivity.
Candidates must have:
- Proven manufacturing / production experience gained within a multi skilled machine environment, or through previous skilled experience e.g. tool setting (automotive parts manufacture preferred but not essential).
- Established Supervisory / Leadership skills.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience of adhering to / managing recognised quality management systems (ISO 9001, TS16949).
- Strong planning skills.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge with specific understanding of 5S activities.
- Excellent communication skills, computer literacy and numeracy.
- Motivated and flexible approach.
- Ability to work a rotating shift pattern 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00.
The position will report directly into the Operations Manager and will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate their ability to lead a team to achieve product output in terms of both quality and quantity.
The role will be based on a rotating shift pattern of 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00 Monday - Friday, with an earlier finish on Fridays. Flexibility to undertake additional hours to support the needs of the business would be expected. In return a salary of £26000 - £27000 per annum is being offered (including shift allowance) based on skills and experiences for a permanent position with 32 days holiday and the ability to join a company pension scheme after a qualifying period.