Shift Facilities Engineer, Plymouth
||£23000 - £28000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen within a well known Manufacturing organisation in Plymouth. They are looking for an experienced Shift Facilities Engineer working 4 days on 4 days off including nights.
The successful candidate will be part of a team providing 7 day / 24 hour support for the site services and utilities. The successful candidates will also be a member of the site emergency response team and play a full role in maintaining the site safety standards and protocols.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance of all of the site's plant and equipment
- Fault finding and repair of technical failures
- Undertaking improvement projects and tasks as part of the Facilities Team
- Monitoring and maintaining control of the conditions provided to manufacturing to allow successful production to occur
- Ensure that all necessary infrastructures (stores, supplies) are in place to maintain assigned equipment or system performance
- Providing technical support and assistance to vendors and contractors
Skills/ Qualifications Required:
- Must have a minimum of an ONC in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning systems, pumps, motors, compressors, electrical distribution and water services
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Ability to support the 24 hour, 7 day per week operation by working a shift pattern
- Knowledge of Electrical and/or Mechanical building services
- Ability to act as a member of the Emergency Response Team - Note the company have a clean shave policy for all member of the ERT
- Ability to work within prescribed time scales and within specified budgets
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience working as a Facilities/ Maintenance Engineer within a Manufacturing facility or in a Manufacturing Facilities support role
- Qualified to 16th or 17th Edition wiring regulations is desirable
- Experience in low voltage distribution system electrical testing would be an advantage
Benefits to include:
- Salary £23k-26K plus shift premium
- Company pension
- Free on-site parking
- On-site Gym
This vacancy is being handled by Joanne Stevenson, Team Leader at Pertemps Plymouth who is currently responsible for recruiting all Industrial Workers and Drivers. Joanne has been working in the recruitment industry for 11 years and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job every time.
Joanne works with the successful Pertemps team in Plymouth, who supply staff in the following areas: Office Administration, Accounts, Sales, Marketing, HR, Purchasing, Management, Driving, Warehouse and Manufacturing.