Project manager, Coventry
||£10 - £15 per hour
Our prestigious client based in Coventry is looking to recruit a Project Manager on a temporary basis up until March 2017.
Purpose of the Role
To manage projects that will support and contribute towards the development and delivery of the communications and events strategy for apprenticeships and traineeships. Projects will create increased demand from employers and citizens and contribute to the apprenticeship growth plan by working across government departments, providers and stakeholder to ensure that we are joining up activity where appropriate. Critical projects will include Apprenticeship Awards and events such as the Skills Show, Big Bang and Skills London
Main Duties include:
- Support the development and implementation of communications strategy for employers, citizens and key stakeholders e.g providers, schools. To include all communication channels including: DM/TM/EM social media, PR and links with partner sites.
- Support the employer engagement strategy for both levy paying and non-levy paying employers.
- Suport the development and delivery of an events plan across the customer engagement directorate that ensures that apprenticeships and traineeships are promoted at key and high profile events including the Skills Show.
- Supoort the design, development and delivery of the National Apprenticeship Week ensuring that internal staff and other government departments, external employers, citizens and stakeholders maximise the week to increase apprenticeship awareness, celebrate success and increase demand from employers and citizens.
- Support the development and delivery of the National Apprenticeship Awards to ensure they celebrate success and raise the profile of apprenticeships. Generating sponsorship and ensuring that systems are in place to quality assure applications and the process.
- Support the development of toolkits and materials for partners and the updating of apprenticeship and traineeship collateral and website presence. Ensure that materials and web content is current, easy to understand and inspirational in content
Skills and Attributes
- Good management skills
- Excellent knowledge of apprenticeships and the wider skills and education landscape Experience of communications, events and marketing background
- The ability to work as part of a team and also to work autonomously
- Good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to speak at external events Good project management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior grades
- A relevant communications qualification is desirable but not essential
If this seem like a role that would interest you please send your CV directly to Evan.Matthews@pertemps.co.uk.