Employee Relations Business Partner, Basingstoke
||£45000 - £50000 per annum
Employee Relations Business Partner
Extensive travel (3 - 4 days a week)
To support the delivery of an effective and consistent HR one team' service across the UK and work proactively, acting as a strategic partner to the area of the business they are aligned to, working with the HRD/HRBPs and Executive leadership teams, to engage in the design and delivery of change programmes, ensuring that these form part of the wider planning programme across the ER calendar. Provide expert support to ER activities within local geography and wider UK business to meet business needs andsupport line managers and HRBPs in responding to and delivering appropriate solutions to employee relation (ER) issues and challenges, whilst managing and minimising business risk.
To support, and lead as appropriate, in the design and delivery of projects and solutions for ER, operational change programmes, performance management ,education and training in relation to the advice and guidance tiered model.
- Act as the primary interface between the Executive leadership teams, HRD and the ER team by identifying and facilitating the development of solutions to ER/Operational change programmes and activities.
- Consult on, lead and project manage the design, development and delivery of a wide variety of business change / business improvement projects including, but not limited to, restructures, redundancies, TUPE mobilisations/de-mobilisations, complex change and performance management.
- Advise and coach business unit managers to effectively manage all employee relations issues in line with the HR policy and guidance tiered model.
- Proactively identify issues and/or areas of improvement/development, identifying and implementing appropriate interventions to resolve issues/improve performance.
- Working in partnership with the assigned HR/Leadership team to ensure early visibility of ER/Change activity and ensuring that this is effectively programmed in with appropriate resource.
- Leading as a champion for the ER team and advice and guidance tiered model building positive working relationships with client base.
- Leading as a specialist in a particular topic/field on behalf of the wider HR employee relations team.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of HR initiatives and work with the management team to build and maintain strong relationships with managers and employees, to ensure HR remains responsive to business needs and expectations.
- Assimilate information and context of particular cases in order to educate, coach and develop line managers through a range of Employee Relations interventions, resulting in their improved understanding and ability to prevent and / or manage future issues.
- Get involved in and provide support to projects in conjunction with the wider UK HR team.
- Apply expertise and judgement to complex and demanding cases.
- Consistently act with integrity and confidentiality, in line with the company values.
- Ensure a personal relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of building, developing and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships, with senior leaders, ideally with experience of working in complex, matrix structures
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated through a variety of methods including written and verbal communication, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Proven experience of effectively utilising a variety of effective influencing skills to achieve business aims and objectives
- Proven ability to work without close supervision, emotionally intelligent, a self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team but who is equally comfortable working on their own, utilising their initiative in an effective manner
- Strong organisational, planning, time and project management skills with evidence of ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality, accuracy, attention to detail and high standards
- Experience of leading and advising on organisational and operational change initiatives
- Able to demonstrate a flexible, proactive, resilient and innovative approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to absorb complex information, considering the potential impacts of a variety of courses of action
- Good prioritisation skills with proven experience of being able to manage a high and diverse workload and able to respond positively to changing priorities, working effectively in a proactive and reactive manner, displaying a flexible approach, making balanced and timely decisions