Head of People, Birmingham
||£50000 - £55000 per annum
Head of People
c. 55,000 per annum
A national, community driven organisation is keen to appoint a strong HR leader to drive organisation change and transformation, as well as develop, motivate and inspire a large People team (two functions HR Operations and OD).
Alongside managing a team comprising of HR Business Partnering, OD, Payroll and Shared Service professionals, undertake project work aligned to company-wide change management projects and initiatives.
* Lead the HR team, with 4 direct reports, as well as monitor and manage the departmental budget
* Work alongside the HR Director to design and deliver the people strategy
* Ensure all ER casework is completed appropriately, assisting with complex issues as required (in line with current employment law)* Coach senior managers, as well as build up strong working relationships with external stakeholders such as union reps, and Learning / Training suppliers etc.
* Ensure key people activities and issues, such as staff absence and poor performance, are monitored and dealt with appropriately i.e. through suitable training, support, development and learning interventions
* Responsible for reward, pay and benefits, and condition policies
* Ensure than accurate and efficient HR helpdesk is run, via a small Shared Service team i.e. who will deal with HR data, contracts, on-boarding processes etc.
* Participate in organisational wide groups and networks such as leadership forums etc.
* Lead on transformation and change programmes for the business, offering an organisation development support and consultancy across the business, ensuring appropriate interventions are in place project work will include revising job levels and roles, as well as the current pay structure, plus looking at working conditions and flexible benefits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
*Extensive, Senior HR Business Partner experience, with strong leadership skills (Previous line management of a large HR team is a MUST)
* Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and senior stakeholder management skills
* Excellent experience of managing projects (organisation design, development and change)
* Full CIPD membership
* Well-developed knowledge of employment law, appropriate legislation and good practice
* Previous experience of working in the public or not for profit sector is DESIRABLE
If you have experience of the above please call Daisy Holmes at Network HR on 0121 450 5030 or email a copy of your current CV to email@example.com whilst quoting ref: 480103775