Restorative Justice Coordinator, Slough
||£29,433 - £31,059
Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Restorative Justice Coordinator within the Children and Family Service in Harrow, West London. This is a part time permanent position. Candidates must be able to commit to 16 hours per week.
Your main responsibility as Restorative Justice Coordinator is to promote and safeguard the welfare of children who live or access services in, or who are looked after by, Harrow Borough Council, also assist in the prevention of offending and re-offending by young people by providing effective services as required by legislation, guidance and published National Standards.
You will also be required to work effectively with partner organisations to further develop and deliver innovative, effective and high quality programmes and initiatives to meet the needs of victims of youth crime, parents/carers, children and young people involved with the service.
The Restorative Justice Co-ordinator has responsibility for the delivery of all restorative justice work by the YOT.
In order to be considered for this position candidates must:
- †Have a Professional Qualification (Health, Social Services, Education, Police, Probation, Youth & Community etc.), or a relevant degree and a qualification in restorative justice/mediation work or experience in working within a restorative justice or other victim focused work environment.
- Valid HCPC registration
- Have Knowledge of the legislation relating to children and young people Including the Children Act 1989 and 2004, Crime & Disorder Act 1998; Youth Justice and Criminal justice Act 1999; and knowledge of relevant National Standards
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Practical experience of working with victims of youth crime, and/or young people.
- Practical experience of delivering restorative justice intervention
- Experience of implementing interventions and assessing risks related to youth offending and young people
- Be self-motivating with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
In return our client is able to offer an annual salary up to £31,059 depending on experience, £3000 retention bonus payable after three years service and a further £3000 payable on completion of six years service, generous annual leave entitlement, government pension scheme, excellent training and development opportunities, supportive management team and more.