Attendance Officer, Ashton-under- Lyne
||£8.50 - £9.50 per hour
We are working in partnership with one of our high-achieving Tameside Secondary schools as they look to appoint a temporary Attendance Officer, to cover the maternity leave of the post holder. Due to start mid-November, the post could run for anywhere between 3 to 12 months.
The main purpose of the job is:
1. To ensure that all attendance information is always accurate to secure the safety of our pupils and those in 1 or 2 of our partner primary schools.
2. To act as the School Attendance Officer / Educational Welfare.
3. To administrate PRIDE+/NUHOPE Rewards & Sanctions System.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
Attendance (Working to Heads of Upper and Lower School and Heads of Year (Progress))
- To ensure that all attendance information is always accurate to secure the safety of all pupils.
- To act as first contact person in relation to pupil attendance and record all data electronically.
- To text to parents regarding absence, lateness and NUHOPE.
- Produce the necessary attendance reports and distribute to Primary Schools, Year Heads and SLG on a daily basis.
- Make phone calls to parents regarding absences, as necessary.
- Print attendance registers for P.E. Dept.
- Have regular meetings with HOYs & Attendance Lead and appropriate primary staff regarding strategies for improving individual pupil attendance.
- To issue fixed penalty notices / fines
- Complete paperwork in preparation of prosecution
- Prepare case for prosecution
- To produce letters to parents regarding attendance and punctuality.
- To organise and co-ordinate school blitz days.
- To produce weekly and termly attendance reports for SLG and Primary Heads.
- Actively develop strategies to improve pupil attendance.
- Ensure that all registers are recorded correctly; inc OBC, nurture, college and skills groups each lesson.
- Make home visits to PA/possible PA pupils and their families.
- Collation of information for data returns to Tameside MBC and other external organizations.
- Responsible for holiday applications.
- To administrate late signing in & signing out sheets and sickness sheets
- Clear attendance message from voicemail and record appropriately.
- Produce reports daily re: pupil whereabouts for emergency procedures on SIMs.
Behaviour (Working to our Attendance & Behaviour Manager, Heads of Upper and Lower School and Heads of Year (Progress))
- Manage reward system for PRIDE+.
- Responsibility for ensuring that NU HOPE detentions are communicated to parents on a daily basis. Liaise with teaching staff re: these detentions as necessary.
- Send text messages and SLG emails for non-attenders to detentions.
- Act as mediator between parents, staff and pupils, i.e. with in-coming messages, thus ensuring good communications within the school.
- Daily addition of NUHOPE pupils to a 1 hour Friday detention on SIMs.
- Co-ordinate weekly reward system for NU/HOPE / 100% attendance.
- Home visits to priority pupils during exam periods to escort into school.
- To produce weekly and termly NUHOPE and PRIDE reports for SLG and HOYs.
- Work to tight deadlines
- General operation of all existing and new items of office equipment i.e. laminating machine, fax machine, printer / shredder etc.
- Ensure filing systems, i.e. general files and pupil records are kept up to date.
- To undertake first aid training and join the school first aid team.
- Attend any training courses that may be required in relation to the post.
- Have a responsible and diplomatic approach to matters of a confidential nature.
- Such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
- Provide general administrative support services within the school.
This post is part time (20 hours split over four days).
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.