DT Technician, Manchester
||£60 - £85 per day
We are currently working in partnership with a large, high achieving Bury based Secondary school as they look to recruit a Design Technology/Construction Technician on an ongoing, full-time, long term supply basis. The post is to start immediately and is likely to run until April 2017 in the first instance. You will be responsible for supporting the Class Teacher in practical lessons, cleaning/tidying the workshop, and preparing resources and equipment for lessons.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- An understanding of the "trades", and a willingness to pass on knowledge to students
- A calm, patient approach to the task at hand
- A willingness to "get stuck in" and support the Class Teacher
- A good sense of humour
It would be advantageous if you could offer the following:
- Machine/workshop safety certificates
- Excellent understanding of Health & Safety in the Workshop
- Previous experience in a school design technology workshop
If you think this role is the one for you, or, you know of a Design Technology Technician looking for work, for excellent rates of pay,
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.