Finance/HR Manager, Manchester
||£36937 - £40619 per annum
Maternity Cover - December 2016 (Twelve months)
The role of Finance & HR Manager will be directly responsible and accountable for the effective management, administration, control and monitoring of the school budget, school fund and other sources of income and expenditure. The post also has overall responsibility for the monitoring and administration of the HR aspect within the school, including, contracts, recruitment and payroll.
The successful candidate needs to be a highly motivated and energetic individual and ideally have the ability to offer a wealth of experience in School Financial Management. You will be a member of both our Senior Leadership Group and the Business Leadership Team and preferably have experience in working at a senior level and may come from an accountancy, public sector or education background.
As part of the role you will manage several multi-discipline teams, leading in the areas of Administration, Finance, and Human Resources.
The successful applicant will benefit from working in a school with a positive, caring ethos where team work is essential. There is a well-established and supportive staff development and training programme available in all areas and at all levels.
It is essential the successful applicant would commence in December 2016 to enable a successful work shadowing.
- Directly responsible and accountable for the management, administration, control and monitoring of the delegated school budget share (£8m+), school fund and other sources of income and expenditure
- To be responsible for the financial strategic planning including all financial implications
- To ensure the school makes the best possible use of the resources available
- To contribute to the management of the PFI contract
- To be part of the Senior Leadership Group
- Direct responsibility for the leadership, management and organisation of the Finance, HR, Administration and Reprographic departments within the school.
- AAT/CCAB Accounting qualification and/or CIPD or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant senior management experience
- Experience of more than one school or a school based context
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Degree level education, or equivalent
- Evidence of further training in preparation for a leadership role e.g. CSBM, DSBM
A full job specification, is available, in exchange for a CV/Covering Letter which details your suitability for this post. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks.
The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.