Plant Fitter/HGV Mechanic, Livingston
||£10.45 - £13.50 per hour
Plant Fitter/HGV Mechanic
£ 20,387 - £ 22,998 plus shift allowance
Shifts 6am - 2.30pm, 8am - 4.30pm or 10pm - 7.15am
Fixed term for 6 months
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our local authority client to join their maintenance team in the Livingston area for a guaranteed 6 months.
The basic salary is complimented by a shift allowance so there is an added 14% earning potential on top of normal earnings.
The role will involve:
- Repair and maintenance of a mixed fleet of Local Authority vehicles and Plant including cars, car derived vans, refuse collection vehicles, gritters, gully emptiers wheel chair accessible busses etc.
- Ensuring that all vehicles/plant are maintained and inspected to manufacturers recommendations and DVSA inspection standards
- Preparing HGV's for annual test.
- Attend road side breakdowns and on site repairs
- To participate in Stand-by rota.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date daily
- Ensure HAVS exposure is recorded daily.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy.
If you are interested in being considered then please press apply or email your CV to Rob at email@example.com