Control Engineer, Glasgow
||£48000 - £50000 per annum
8.30am - 4.30pm Mon to Thurs, 3.30pm finish Fri
£48-50k per annum
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Control Engineer to join our client, an international manufacturing firm that employs over 2000 people in various locations.
This role will be based from their site in Central Scotland and offers an excellent salary, a wide range of duties and excellent potential for skills development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing new Electrical and automation systems for use in the production process. Ability to solve existing control and automation issues and provide innovative solutions and designs is a must, as well as the ability to provide support to the production process by assessing and troubleshooting systems already installed.
- To design and implement systems and processes to improve product and process performance and safety, and be able to offer advice to others on Control Systems, Automation, equipment selection and specification.
- Develop and modify PLC, HMI, and SCADA programs to ensure that the effectiveness of new and installed automation is to the highest level. Modification of these programmes as required to include alternative control algorithms and tasks.
- Define, plan, and organise all aspects of a project including financial evaluation, control of budgets and timescales to meet the stated objectives of that project.
- Be able to generate prototype designs and solutions, conduct testing, quantify and justify the preferred design.
- Perform commissioning and testing of new plant or automation systems, assessing their suitability for their stated purpose, and monitoring the performance once the system is live.
- Provide advice, support, and training to Production and Maintenance departments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree qualified, or relevant experience in Control or Electrical Engineering. A working knowledge and practical experience in the electrical design field would be an advantage.
- Practical experience of programming the following types of PLC and HMI equipment (3 minimum);
Siemens S7-300, 1200 and 1500 PLC ranges
Siemens TP HMI series
Mutsubishi Q series Ans series and FX ranges of PLC's
Mutsubishi servo drives
Bejeirs HMI E range and 1x panels
- Experience of programming using Siemens Step 7, SCL, and Portal.
- Experience with Wonderware InTouch SCADA system and its associated InSQL database both in construction and maintenance aspects.
- Familiar with Risk assessments and associated safety systems.
- Knowledge of electrical design standards would be an advantage.
If this role is of interest to you then please apply by clicking below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description.