||£7.38 - £13.88 per hour
Network Healthcare are recruiting Support Workers for local work with young people and the elderly living both independently and in residential care settings.
Main duties will include -
- Supporting people with a range of needs including learning disabilities and mental health problems to meet their chosen outcomes
- Provide support to enable them to access information.
- Helping Service Users meet both their health and social care needs. This includes assisting with personal hygiene, assistance with laundry and preparing meals and drinks.
- Supporting Service Users with medication.
- Enable Service Users to achieve independence in all areas of their life where possible.
- Help Service Users to identify and choose their support needs.
- Help to maintain a safe, comfortable and supportive home for the Service Users.
- Support the Service Users to actively contribute to the running of their own house.
- Assist the individuals we support to engage themselves as valued members of the local community.
- Ensure that the rights of the individuals we support are always protected and respected.
- You must have the right to work with the UK.
- You must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand and be understood - verbal and written
- You need to be 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable people.
- You must have a kind and caring nature.
- Situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging. You will need a willingness to work with a variety of clients with differing needs and an ability to work with challenging clients and demonstrate patience and compassion
- Working or willing to work towards free recognised Health and Social Care certificates
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months experience to be considered for these roles.