Child Contracts Officer, Swindon
||£11.35 per hour, Benefits: Free Town Centre Parking, Holiday Pay, Pension
Swindon Borough Council are seeking an Children's Placement, Monitoring and Contract Officer to work within the Adult Services Team. This position is offering a salary of £11.35 per hour. You will be working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Benefits to include free parking, a pension scheme and holiday pay.
As a Children's Placement, Monitoring and Contract Officer, you will responsible for seeking placements, arranging individual placement contracts, and undertaking the associated monitoring and review of such placement contracts for children coming in to care, those already in care and care leavers with varying and complex needs. The children and young people will be referred to the placement commissioning team by operational social work teams and/or other case professionals.
Children's Placement, Monitoring and Contract Officer role is placement finding for children coming in to care and those moving placements within the care system. Those children may be accommodated with our own internal foster carers or external placement providers. The successful candidate will therefore be talking to our own internal foster carers and external placement providers on a business relationship basis. The successful candidate is not expected to make a decision about where to place the child that is for the social worker to determine. There is then an internal sign off process via the senior management team, therefore you will need to be articulate and diligent about following processes.
- Ensure that the placements commissioned meet the needs of the children and young people placed, are of high quality to deliver the outcomes required for each child and also achieve value for money
- Respond to placement requests sent by operational social work teams and/or other case professionals by supporting them to complete necessary paperwork, and checking them on receipt for process compliance before sending them out to placement providers to request an available placement. The officer will need to build good relationships with placement suppliers across the market
- Liaise with social workers and/or other case professionals and providers to enable the placement finding process to be completed within the required timescales
- Support the development and maintenance of effective procedures for managing the referral and placement finding processes. This will include responsibility for the keeping of electronic records and data which provide an audit trail regarding placement type, choice, location, safeguarding and quality assurance checks, and costs
- To play a key part in the development of the commissioning of placements that can inform operational social workers and/or other case professionals about the availability and type of placements being provided by the independent market sector, the cost of such placements and associated quality
Knowledge and Experience:
- Enhanced DBS check will be required
- Experience working in a Business background that involved planning and good organisational skills
- Ability to team work and support team members when working under pressure and with matters of a distressing nature
- Confident with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to build relationships with placement providers and social work teams.
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of working in a high pressured role
To apply, please upload your CV directly to this advertisement or www.pertemps.co.uk