||£9.50 per hour
Job Title - Credit Controller
Location - Corby
Reports to - Credit Control Supervisor
Our Corby based client is currently seeking a Credit Controller to work on a temp to perm basis. You will be required to work 37.5 hours per week - £9.50 per hour.
Maintenance of all customer accounts, including cash collection in a timely manner, as per customer payment terms and limits.
1) Regular contact with customers, transport and other departments to ensure regular collection of cash, current and post-dated cheques, in particular when payment is due.
2) Request customer to settle their account, within their terms and limits, and explain their terms of credit.
3) Set up and maintain customer files.
4) Re negotiate repayment plans if customers are in financial difficulties.
5) Trace missing debtors.
6) Refer debts, which are not paid within an agreed timescale, to the Credit Control Supervisor for legal action.
7) Prepare COD report to send to the transport department.
8) Daily checks of delivery and order schedules, against customer accounts, to ensure that goods are not made or delivered to non-paying customers.
9) Receive and process credit card payments from customers.
10) Advise all relevant departments when customers go 'on stop'.
11) Regularly liaise with the Area Sales Managers to advise current status of their accounts.
12) Produce and issue customer statements on a monthly basis.
- Accuracy with numbers
- Good spoken and written communication
- An assertive but tactful manner
- Calm under pressure
- Attention to detail, including recording every customer contact
- An organised and methodical approach, being able to work through the sales ledger consistently
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Good mathematical skills
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please send a CV in word format only by clicking on apply or contact Sophie Smith on 01536 526449.