Financial Accountant, London
||£50000 - £60000 per annum
Our client is a leading commercial and residential real estate organisation; they are currently looking for a fully qualified Financial Accountant who has experience within the sector, is confident with SAGE and has a passion for finance.
This is a full time permanent role paying between £50,000 - £60,000 per annum, based in East London.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparation of the monthly accounts.
- Preparation of deliverables for the auditors, drafting statutory accounts and key disclosure notes. Being a key point of contact for the field audit team.
- Dealing with new and existing technical accounting standards with regards to group accounting policies and ensuring processes are in place to comply with them and produce the required disclosures.
- Provide Directors/senior management team with answers to ad hoc requests for financial analysis - in particular assessment of the costs, income and profits generated in business areas and modelling of the viability of Corporate pension schemes.
- Partnering with business areas on financial processes and performance.
- Production of management information and key performance indicators for the business.
- Involvement in day-to-day accounting procedures and controls.
Essential Skills and Attributes
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Solid technical understanding of financial reporting standards and the wider reporting requirements of a UK listed company.
- Strong experience within the real estate sector
- Track record of ownership and responsibility for delivery of key tasks and driving improvements in processes.
- Strong accounting systems knowledge e.g. SAGE
- A high standard of excel with the ability to manipulate large volumes of data through using pivot tables, look ups and macros.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Dedicated professional who looks to consistently deliver high standards and takes responsibility for tasks through to the end.
- Pro-active and self-motivated with an ability to challenge the norm.