Building Surveyor, South East
||£35000 - £47000 per annum
Our client, a national claims management and loss adjusting organisation is looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor for their Building Consultancy business to be based in the South East to cover the East Sussex/Surrey and London area.
You will be involved in and lead numerous projects to reinstate commercial and domestic properties following damage by an insured peril. Projects typically range in value from £20k to £1m. Dependant on the size and complexity of each project you may work alone or lead a small project team.
You will be involved in a wide range of surveying activities, ranging from technical reporting, defects diagnosis, preparing Schedule of Works, Contract Administration and project management.
The ideal candidate would be someone that is looking to progress into management, with appropriate training and mentoring due to the expansion and new business development plans for the London and South East region.
Centralised administrative support is provided from our Support Team in our Solent office. The role itself covers the Surrey, East Sussex and South London. You may occasionally be asked to assist out of area dependant on business requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Chartered Building Surveyor looking to progress their career and develop management experience to build a reputation within a large organisation.
Candidates will ideally be:
- Preferably MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor with experience post qualification (MCIOB will also be considered)
- As a minimum actively working towards MRICS status
- A building related Degree with experience post degree
- Extensive knowledge of building construction and relevant legislation
- Able to plan projects to ensure robust control of time and cost - project management experience is therefore desirable
- Experience in schedule preparation and contract administration of building projects
- Highly responsible and decisive but also a team player
- Able to proactively manage your own caseload
- I.T. literate, particularly with MS Word and Excel
- Able to appreciate the importance of delivering outstanding customer service
- Full UK driving licence essential
The ability to arrive on site immediately following a significant building loss and quickly earn the confidence and trust of the insurance policy holder is essential to the success of this role. Composure under pressure, excellent communications skills and empathy are therefore key attributes.
Insurance knowledge is desirable but not essential.