Principal Transport Planner (Development Planning), London
||£50000 - £60000 per annum
Principal Transport Planner
RGB are representing one of the UK’s leading Engineering Consultancies providing engineering services, planning and economics. They place sustainability at the heart of their culture and operation, and have built a world-class reputation in a wide variety of market sectors.
They provide significant opportunity for career progression and personal development, through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people are their most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for all employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners.
They are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Principal Transport Planner to join our Northampton or Cambridge Transport team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a very successful transport team which supports a number of major development planning applications.
The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of small to large scale land development projects with budgets circa £50k and above.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
• Transport Assessments
• Travel Plans
• Junction Modelling
• Concept highway design
• Access & Movement Strategies
• Discharging of conditions/Section 106 agreements
• Environmental impact assessment
Capabilities and Qualifications
The ideal Candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who has a degree / higher level qualification in Transport Planning or another relevant subject. The ideal candidate will also have experience of working in a Transport Planning role.
The ideal candidates must have/be:
• 6 years+ experience in a Transport Planning role
• Experience of project managing medium to large scale projects
• The ability to lead on Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and deliver through others
• Good experience of trip generation/distribution models
• Good understanding of the Planning system
• Knowledge of LinSig, TRANSYT, Arcady, Picady
• Knowledge of impact mitigation measures and ability to propose relevant mitigation solutions
• The ability to manage resources
• Experience of meeting demanding deadlines
• Good experience of preparing fee bids
• Experience of budget monitoring, change management and fee negotiation
• Experience of working with clients, local authorities and other governing bodies
• Good communication skills
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly including: MS Word (Intermediate - Advanced) & MS Excel (Intermediate - Advanced)
For more information please contact Michael Power at RGB on 0207 932 2800 or firstname.lastname@example.org