Senior/Principle Mechanical Design Engineer-London, London
||£40000 - £55000 per annum
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Pension: Excellent contributory pension
Benefits: Life assurance
Location: Central London
My client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. They provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
My client employs about 255 staff, of which 154 are based at their South East London/Kent Office.
- The M&E Sustainability Team has 19 people based in South East London/Kent and 9 People based in London.
- The CAD team does a bit of both CAD and Revit. In South East London/Kent, about 80% of the work is CAD but the amount of Revit is and will continue to increase.
- They have an active Sports and Social Club who organise things like cocktail making, go-karting, golf afternoons, a panic room experience, Summer BBQ casino nights etc.
- They also have a corporate away day once a year. This year they are going to Port Lympne to do some volunteering in the morning and then have the afternoon to look around the park. There will be evening entertainment, a Prosecco reception and a BBQ in the evening.
- Dress code is kind of smart casual e.g. men wear shirts and trousers but no tie. Women just need to general look smart.
We are currently looking for an Senior or Principle Mechanical Engineer to join our M&E Team
Duties will include:
- Take a leading role in the design team and manage an interdisciplinary M&E team on a wide range of commercial, residential and education projects from £1m - £300m.
- Manage projects to design low energy and renewable technology to meet with regulation and planning requirements.
- Work with the internal senior team to develop the M&E group resource and workloads.
- Take an active role in the management of the group to expand and develop new and existing business.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
- Standards of Practice. You are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Professional Bodies. You are expected to be registered and maintain registration with the Engineering Council which will be reimbursed by the employer.
- Continuing education. The employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
- Management of a team
- Commercial awareness
- Residential and office (commercial) experience
- Hevacomp and IES software experience
- Chartered engineer
Please contact Sean HItchman on 020 7932 2800 / email@example.com