Associate Mechanical Engineer/ Director, London
||£65000 - £75000 per annum
A leading multidisciplinary building services consultancy now has an exciting job vacancy available for an associate level mechanical engineer to join its London M&E design team.
Established almost 20 years ago, the consultancy has now built an excellent reputation in the building and property market for delivering quality M&E building services engineering solutions. Their core services include full mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) design, vertical transportation, sustainability and building management. Their project portfolio include historic and landmark buildings in the commercial, mixed use, high end residential and education sectors.
The associate mechanical engineer/ director job vacancy will offer a basic salary of up to £75,000, depending on experience and qualifications, in addition to a rewarding benefits package including car/ travel allowance.
- Ability to work on own initiative, experienced in team building and management and leading by example.
- Excellent communicator (both written and oral communication) to both technical and non-technical clients together with ability to build professional relationships with clients.
- Technically proficient with sound financial management, well organised and help develop the team. Able to construct fee proposals, demonstrate strategic planning and manage high end projects.
- The M&E design team specialise in building services engineering and vertical transportation services projects within existing buildings.
- Their work includes high end commercial refurbishments from feasibility, to design, specification and procurement as well as the project management of key infrastructure replacement projects within buildings.
- The team provide strategic advice to building owners and managers to improve or optimise the performance of their buildings, feeding back in terms of long term energy, maintenance and reliability.
- They have and extensive client list and work within some of the most prestigious buildings in the UK.
- You will present to clients who are usually facilities and asset managers working either directly for property owners or managing agents.
- The mechanical associate will lead a team of MEP technical staff within the design team.
- Producing high quality case studies reports and with clear and concise recommendations.
- Presenting technical information to clients and providing clear communication to clients throughout a project.
- Preparing technical specifications, drawings and schedules, with reference to the latest industry standards/best practice.
- Evaluating tender submissions and preparation of tender report with recommendations.
- Project management including preparation of contract documentation, leading meetings, financial management, practical completion and handover.
- Ensuring H&S and legislative compliance throughout the course of a project.
- Financial management of project and ensuring works carried out within agreed budget.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary design and projects team.
- Provide technical project management and advisory services to our clients in respect of the building services engineering and vertical transportation services in commercial and public sector properties.
- Deliver high end projects in commercial offices and shopping centres as well as public sector properties.
- Lead and manage a team of building services technical staff delivering the services and developing professional relationships with staff to their full potential.
- Demonstrate good commercial acumen with sound financial management and provide strategic planning and direction.
- Develop management systems.
- Develop and build professional relationships with clients.
- Assist the growth of the business.
- Set out the team’s strategy and direction within the company with a view to embrace efficiencies and plan for growth; agree financial targets of individuals within the Group.
- Write clear and concise reports and case studies and present reports to clients.
- Carry out refurbishment and fit-out project management (from feasibility stage, to tender documentation, tender analysis, recommendations to clients right through to finalising contract documents, monitoring works up to end of defects liability and handover to client; period.
- Carry out project financial management throughout the work.
- Monitor the contractor performance on carrying out projects and minor works and monitor and agree financial expenditure.
- Carry out pre-acquisition surveys, condition surveys and present findings to clients. Inspect and audit plant and equipment to ensure the services are operating efficiently and recommend improvements.
- Advise on Tenants alterations, and landlord approvals and works required, review contractor’s quotes and ensure the works are undertaken at competitive market rates.
- Review progress on any landlord or tenant works and their impact on the operation of the property.
- Examine maintenance records, carry out checks on contractor invoices to ensure value for money.
- Review Statutory Examination Reports and ensure that clients are properly advised of statutory obligations.
- Advise Client and Tenants on compliance with current regulations, British Standards and statutory obligations.
- Arrange chair/attend meetings with clients and facilities managers and the appointed contractors to review their performance, additional works and any landlord or tenant related matters.
- Respond to ad-hoc enquiries and provide advice on the implementation of plant replacement programmes, associated budget requirements, prioritisation, works planning etc.
- Prepare tender documentation and obtain competitive tenders, and tender analysis reports. Produce maintenance contract documentation
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB Network should you wish to apply to this associate mechanical engineer/ director (building services) job vacancy.
T: 020 7932 2800
E: firstname.lastname@example.org